Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Update from Shaun- September 2011



DTS (Discipleship Training School)

We currently have 50 students from all over the world to starting their 6 month Jesus journey called DTS (Discipleship Training School). It starts tomorrow!

Jessica and I are are not directing the entire program this time.

In this school we will be working much more directly with the students in discipleship and mentoring. Part of Jess’ and my role is also to help provide pastoral care for our fellow staff.

We are also overseeing six local ministry tracks that the DTS students will be joining with in their school, including the two ministries that we are personally leading; the Skate track and the Create track.

We will also be planning and leading a three month overseas outreach at the end of the year!

Did you know that there are YWAM DTS’s running in 125 nations and in 95 languages?

Brief update from this summer:

Colorado
-We spent two weeks in Colorado Springs (where Jess is from) to spend time with friends and family

-I spoke on The Great Commission at a skate church in Denver, Worked with a skate church in Colorado Springs and judged a skateboarding competition with Victory Outreach

-We taught in a cell group of about 30 college aged people on Commitment and Intimacy in Relationships.


Infusion
-Infusion is a summer program at YWAM LA. It’s basically a two week DTS. Jessica and I taught on Relationships and Purity and I also taught on The Great Commission. It’s amazing to see how much growth and transformation God can work in a person in just two weeks! A couple of my skatepark disciples did the program and they have never been the same since(in a good way)!

-I had the honor of baptizing 15 of these wonderful young people who were changed by God in Infusion. This includes two dudes from the skatepark!


GROW
-Jessica and I spoke on a Friday and Saturday at the GROW youth conference at Valley Park Church in the San Fernando Valley. On the fist night I spoke about Purpose and the second day we spoke about Missions.


YWAM University of the Nations Conference
-YWAM LA invited eight staff to a major YWAM conference in Kona, Hawaii.

They covered our conference fees and I got my flight with frequent flyer miles, so the whole trip was totally covered! It was so good to connect with and learn from YWAM leaders from all over the globe, including Loren Cunningham, the man who founded YWAM 50 years ago! (this is what I was doing while Jess was in New York...not a bad deal eh?).


I'M PUTTING TOGETHER A SHORT VIDEO FROM MY EAST ASIA SKATE OUTREACH. YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS IT!

I cannot post it on the internet for security purposes but I want to send all of you a DVD. If you have never given us your mailing address, please send it to me so that I can send you this video when it is complete.


Praise the Lord! Thank you so much for your partnership with us! Let us know how we can be praying for you.


God bless you,

Shaun Hover

No comments:

Post a Comment