Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Fashion Week Outreach NYC


Karolina.

Every week we pray for people in the industry. I have their photos and their names printed out in a little packet and every Friday my friends and I pray.

Karolina is one of the models we pray for. The beautiful 27 year old Victoria's Secret model has been covered in prayer since my last Fashion Week outreach in February.

Jen and I were preparing to dress for Chado Ralph Rucci but we were quickly hustled into another show that was about to begin and still had lots of models who hadn't been changed yet. As soon as I walked in I saw Karolina's name on the board of models and knew God was going to do something awesome. Sure enough, a few minutes later, I was helping to put a gown on Karolina herself! I was praying that the crowd of people around her would leave so that we could talk. Within a moment the crowd dissolved and it was just Karolina and me.

I touched her arm, "Excuse me, Karolina?"
She was texting on her cell phone but she leaned towards me to show that she was listening.
"My name is Jessica and I have been praying for you by name and by photograph every week since February."
At this point she was shocked, she stopped texting and looked at me in wonder, sweetly she asked "Are you sure you have the right girl?"
"I am completely sure."
Still in wonder, "Why are you praying for me?"
Excitedly I told her, "Because I am struck by how much God loves you and I know He wants you to know that. I will keep praying for you."
By now she was looking forward as if to take it in, then she asked, "So... you... are praying for me.. so that I.. can share that with people?"
I was smiling now, "Yes, that's exactly it!"
She stuck out her hand toward me, "I'm Karolina"
"I'm Jessica"

Within minutes I was shuffled out of the room and back into the original show I was supposed to dress for, as I was leaving the room she shouted, "Goodbye Jessica!"

No comments:

Post a Comment